Sunday, March 27, 2011

This just isn't my month...

So Friday I woke up with a toothache. Nothing too terrible, but annoying nonetheless... But the great news is that I went for my follow-up with the surgeon, and I'M A GO!! So I had full intentions of running Friday after work. And then...

By the end of the day on Friday, my face was starting to swell!! Saturday morning turned into a dentist appointment, and I had to have a tooth pulled - which was not only super painful, but also meant no strenuous activity for 48 hours. WTF? I swear the running gods are out to get me this month!! But a little bit of percocet (and, a lot of wine), and I'm feeling much better today. Swelling has gone down some, but I'm going to have chipmunk face for a couple more days. So instead of running this weekend, I shopped - heavily... If I don't get running again soon, we're going to end up homeless! But at least we'll have great shoes & clothes!!!

So looks like tomorrow is going to be my day! I figure two surgeries in one month is more than enough - I mean, what else could possibly happen?? Maybe I should knock on wood...

2 comments:

  1. Gracious - sorry for the bad luck you've had lately! Hope you have a good run today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.. I hate teeth issues!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems that despite all of the bad luck you are having lately that you are holding up like a true champ! A soon to be running champ that is!!!!

    ReplyDelete